AFOA Scholarship Program
HERE FOR OUR MEMBERS
Advancing the Next Generation
Recognizing the rising costs of higher education, the AFOA has taken a proactive step to support our members and the next generation in pursuing a higher education. The AFOA Scholarship Program aims to alleviate some of the financial burden associated with tuition expenses.
Designed to assist both AFOA members and their children, the scholarship program is open to any legal dependent of an individual who is employed by a dues-paying AFOA member company in good standing.
In 2024, up to five scholarships will be awarded to deserving students in the amount of $1,000.
Criteria for Scholarship
Academic Achievement + Essay
Academic Achievement — Minimum 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale
Essay — All applicants must submit a 500-word essay (typed, double-spaced). Any essay significantly longer than two double-spaced pages will not be accepted. Essay should include personal statements: thoughtful, focused insightful of applicant’s character, strengths, and educational goals. Applicants are also encouraged to include work experience and extracurricular activities/leadership/service projects/involvement.
How to Apply
- Complete application form with all supporting documentation should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If email is not an option, please submit by mailing to AFOA Headquarters at PO Box 11035, Columbia, SC 29211. Mailed applications must be submitted with no staples, page protectors, tabs, binders, brochures, books, notebooks, etc. Each page of the application should be an 8 ½ X 11 piece of paper (one-sided). Please keep a copy of the complete application for your records. Please submit complete application and all supporting materials as one PDF file by April 15, 2024.
Each application packet must include the following:
- Completed application form.
- Copy of the applicant’s high school, trade school or college transcript
- 500-word essay (typed, double spaced)
- Documentation indicating acceptance into a college, university, or trade school program where the student will be enrolling/is already enrolled.
Our News And Events
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam.
MONTREAL, November 23, 2023 – Targray, a global leader in the supply of renewable fuels, feedstock, and supply chain solutions, is proud to announce its new partner membership within Green Marine, a renowned voluntary environmental certification program for the North...
Today, Mark Hingiss, Founder and Co-Owner of VEOS, shared "I am delighted to announce the newest addition to our team, Beth Westemeyer, who has joined VEOS Brokers as a Broker. Beth's arrival is a significant milestone for us, and we are thrilled to welcome her...
AFOA's General Counsel provided the AFOA with a memorandum put together on yesterday's (attached above) FDA pre-published direct final rule, “Revocation of Uses of Partially Hydrogenated Oils (PHOs) in Foods.” The Direct Final Rule completes the agency’s June 17,...
Hours of Operation
Mon – Fri
Have a question?
Let us know how we can help!
Phone: (803) 252-7128