Tip, Suggestions and Invitation
for New Members & First Time Attendees
attending the American Fats and Oils Association Annual Meeting
Welcome! We are excited that you will be joining us for the 2019 American Fats and Oils Association (AFOA) Annual Meeting.
We want to try and help you make the most of your experience and would like to offer a few suggestions on how to do so.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Many of the meetings that occur between buyers and sellers at this conference are done over “a plate of food” or a “drink.” You are encouraged to request the attendee list from AFOA Staff (email@example.com) and use it to make some plans prior to arrival.
- A several list of restaurants (Chicago’s 30 Best Restaurants) and restaurants within 5 – 8 minutes’ walk from the Drake Hotel listed on the association’s app. These could be used for afterhours meetups.
- The association’s app can be very helpful before and during the annual meeting as it contains the schedule of events, a schedule that you can fill in for yourself, more information about the speakers, about our sponsors, a list and contact information on the attendees . . . and more!
Your phone goes everywhere you go. Take the AFOA 2019 Annual Meeting with you by adding the Guidebook (app) to your phone. Use the following steps to download the app NOW . . . it’s FREE!
To downloadthe 2019 AFOA Annual Meeting App use the following steps:
(a) Go to your App Store on your mobile phone and search for and download Guidebook (it’s free). The app is the blue boxed white “g”.
(b) Click on “Have a passphrase” and enter “afoarefresh”
(it’s cap sensitive)
(c) Click allow notifications
- Dress Code: Most would consider the dress code as “business” which would mean slacks, a dress shirt, a tie and a jacket. About half of the men attending do not wear ties. That’s completely up to you and your company policy.
- The Thursday night gala is a “nicer way of saying closing reception” and no change in your attire is needed.
- Lastly, an invitation to grab a bite of breakfast (breakfast sandwiches) on Wednesday, October 16 in the Walton Room (near the Grand Ballroom at the Drake) between 7 am – 9 am with the Membership Committee and members of the Board of Directors. This is will be just a casual meet and greet in hopes of helping you get more out of your AFOA meeting experience and membership.
Questions – please feel free to contact the AFOA Executive Director, Leigh Wickersham, firstname.lastname@example.org by phone at 803-252-7128 or onsite using her cell 803-960-53