SUMMARY: Director of Quality is responsible for food quality operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; prepares and completes action plans; implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifies and resolving problems; completes audits and determines system improvements and implement change. The Director of Quality is also the Safe Quality Foods Practitioner. This position is responsible for ensuring SQF/Food Safety and HACCP compliance throughout the all company processes. In the absence of the Director of Quality the duties of the position will be filled by Quality Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Champion Safe Quality Foods Certification
- Perform all validations, verification and maintenance of HACCP, Food Safety Plan, Pre-Requisite Programs and Food Quality Plans. This will be done with the other members of the HACCP by reviewing all records on an annual basis or when a food safety issue occurs.
- Responsible for reviewing SQF 2000 system in its entirety and document.
- Ensure at the time of delivery to customers the food supplied complies with all legislation that applies to food and its production in the country of origin and destination.
- Duties include lab testing of raw, in-process and finished products and package/label testing.
- Maintain accurate Quality data logs and summaries.
- Carry out sensory analysis of all production runs
- Perform all environmental and finished product pathogen testing procedures.
- Sending sample submission to third party laboratory
- Perform Pre-Operational and Operational Sanitation inspections.
- Collect Quality Control records specific to product or process.
- Placing products on hold, distribution of hold reports, and conducting monthly physical inventory on items on hold.
- Conduct relevant training and education for food safety, as required
- Maintain and improve allergen control program.
- Maintain Traceability records.
- Participate with R&D work as required
- Set up shelf life studies as required
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or related disciplines
- A minimum of 10 years working in the oil industry
- Knowledge of SPC, TQM and SQF Quality and Food Safety audits
This position located in Massachusetts, less than an 1 hour commute from the beautiful Boston area. Come Join us!
Apply to Catania Oils Corporation, 1 Nemco Way, Ayer, MA 01432
Email: AAbdo@cataniaoils.com; Fax# 978-796-5728