Renewable Energy Group, Inc. (REG) is looking for Sr. Manager, Procurement to join our team that is leading the way in a thriving industry.
REG is a leading North American advanced biofuels producer and developer of renewable chemicals. REG utilizes an integrated value chain model to focus on converting natural fats, oils and greases into advanced biofuels and converting diverse feedstock into renewable chemicals.
You will have the opportunity to make a real impact by leading a growing team that contributes to REG in the following areas:
- Direct management and development of our team as we follow market conditions and opportunities to buy, sell, and trade a wide range of commodities on a global platform
- Work closely with REG production system to develop strategy around commodity and chemical purchases, coproducts sales, inventory management and plant run rates
- Heavy involvement in the company’s overall management of margins
- Oversee vendor relations to strengthen REG’s global production, distribution and logistics system to maintain our position as a leader in biofuel production
- Oversee the administration of trades as it relates to the contract management, communications between origins and destinations, and execution of payment and billing actions
- Commitment to maintaining metrics of performance, forecasting and a focus on continued improvement methods that will enhance the system
- Commitment to the development and education of staff through mentoring and by example. Utilization of corporate training programs for all staff, and personal development based upon the needs of each member.
- Enhance the value of a company that is committed to improving our nation’s energy security by overseeing activities concerned with purchasing raw materials to run our 12 domestic and two international manufacturing plants
- Location is within the REG office in Ames, IA
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of commodity trading (preferably fats & oils)
- Preference of experience managing diverse teams of up to 20 people
- Position reports directly to the Executive Director, Procurement & Logistics
Don’t miss this opportunity to take the next step in your career with a company that has the necessary resources and opportunities to succeed. Apply today on our website: